[postgis-devel] CGAL/SFCGAL

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Feb 27 15:51:17 PST 2020

Can someone who has mucked with these in the last couple years help me understand some stuff?

So,
(a) I was seeing a persistent regression crash on MacOS building against MacPorts, which was giving me CGAL 4.14 and SFCGAL 1.3.7.
(b) I could get a clean build/regress on Centos 7, which PGDG supplied with CGAL 4.7 and SFCGAL 1.3.1
(c) I can get clean build/regress of PostGIS trunk against the MacPorts versions (4.14/1.3.7).

Has there been some work in trunk to support newer versions of CGAL/SFCGAL and in particular (I think) do something special with invalid geometries being sent into CGAL/SFCGAL? It seems like the fact that PGDG had to peg their versions back down at 4.7/1.3.1 is worrisome, maybe we have a general problem with newer versions?

Basically if anyone has any knowledge on these issues, could you surface them here?

Thanks!