[postgis-devel] CGAL/SFCGAL

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Fri Feb 28 01:54:55 PST 2020

Hi,

> Has there been some work in trunk to support newer versions of CGAL/SFCGAL and in particular (I think) do something special with invalid geometries being sent into CGAL/SFCGAL? It seems like the fact that PGDG had to peg their versions back down at 4.7/1.3.1 is worrisome, maybe we have a general problem with newer versions?

AFAIK, we haven't changed anything to add support to newer minor releases.

We have some issues open (#4157, #4513) that crash under
`SFCGAL::algorithm::isValid`; I opened a ticket in sfcgal
(https://github.com/Oslandia/SFCGAL/issues/194) but it hasn't seen any
movement. To be honest, I've reached a point where I've spent 10x more
time dealing with sfcgal issues (build it, checking bugs, etc) than
using it (which is next to 0) so I'm not too keen to get into it
again.
-

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez