[postgis-devel] 3.0.1 issues report

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Jun 22 04:02:18 PDT 2020

I'll try to apply the patch to the tarball and try again.

It might be reasonable to just say 'pkg-config is required', test for
it, and error out if not.

rmrodriguez at carto.com writes:

>> I wonder if the package should include protobuf-c; it seems useful to
>> some and not that big so I will tend to include it.
>
> I've considered removing the dependency and keeping it under dist/
> with the pre-generated files and link it statically, but then it makes
> updating or using dynamic linking for those to prefer it.

I guess it would be nice if README.postgis explained really clearly what
was gained or lost by having it.  (I realize I tend to be particularly
demanding about these sorts of doc/advice things.)