[postgis-devel] on parallel and recursive make

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Nov 4 06:47:43 PST 2020

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 3:41 PM Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> Allows testing "core" tests in presence of "raster" extension
> and "raster" tests in presence of "topology". Basically tests
> the queries in presence of all extensions, while still allowing
> running specific test groups by running "make check" from their
> directories.

Could we keep that without adding changes in the parallelism of the
build system or is parallel testing (which are run sequentially in
regress) a hard requirement for this feature?

> > The CI builds seem to be taking the same time.
>
> Can we really trust those timings ?

I've shared in a later message timings from my dev machine. The new
build is actually slower there.

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com