[postgis-devel] on parallel and recursive make

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Nov 4 07:32:58 PST 2020

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 4:21 PM Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> Probably, how does it feel in current master, with that commit reverted ?

I can't revert 402fdc0e8191422b23996eafde93b2dce33c1595 individually,
there are multiple conflicts.

> Note I don't think we ever had proper parallel-ready build scripts.
> I'm happy if you can help with reaching that goal.

Well, `make -jN check` works in 2.4 to 3.1, so I disagree with you.
Some stuff might still be executed sequentially, but full parallelism
has never been my goal and it would be a nightmare with autotools.

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com