[postgis-devel] Precision Reduction?

rmrodriguez at carto.com rmrodriguez at carto.com
Wed Nov 11 08:50:30 PST 2020

Is this something we want to tackle before GEOS 3.9 and Postgis 3.1?

It seems like this is something that needs quite a bit of development,
with some important decisions to be made, plus a lot of testing. I'm
more inclined to add the low hanging fruits right now (precision
reducer functions and so on) and wait for the full set of new features
(stored precision, precision in overlay operations with different
source precisions and so on) for the next release (in a year), but I'm
interested in hearing what your opinions are in this.

--
Raúl Marín Rodríguez
carto.com