[postgis-devel] Pg13 upgrade issues?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Sep 17 15:36:09 PDT 2020

> On Sep 15, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> packaged` suffix.
>
>> I tried your PR, and the core idea of a fake 'unpackaged' target seems miraculously to work, so there's just some polish to be added to the PR as far as I can tell. What do you feel are the drawbacks of it? The further we get away from 2.X, the less the "hackiness" of the solution matters in practical terms.
>
> I don't see drawbacks other than the "hackish" mode.
> If you like that model, we can as well go for it.
> If not else, it's ready...

I'm fine w/ hackish, I think the PR needs some more work still, but I like that it mostly solves the problem.

I have some additions to your branch here:

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/pramsey/postgis/src/branch/recover-unpackaged-tests

(I couldn't figure out how to submit a PR to your working branch. Maybe we can/should collab on a branch in the postgis repo?)