[postgis-devel] ST_GetValues()

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Apr 16 10:09:52 PDT 2021

> > Speaking of which I forgot to ask if this is a set returning function.
> > I assume not and you'd return a collection in cases where it's relevant?
>
> It returns what you put in. Whatever geometry you put in, you get out,
with
> an extra Z or M dimension.

Hmm so what happens if you pass in a polygon would it just interpolate the
Z's in it.
Wouldn't that often result in an invalid polygon?  Like I would expect in
many cases it would result in a polyhedralsurface or at very least a
collection of polygonZs.

Points, Linestrings and multilinestrings yes that works great.