[postgis-devel] PostGIS 3.2.0beta3 is released

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Dec 8 16:25:16 PST 2021

> "Regina Obe" <lr at pcorp.us> writes:
>
> > Any chance you can get us a gdb backtrace of this. Unless Paul can
guess.

> Sorry, got distracted.
>
> > Hard to tell where it is breaking with this limited info.
> > I know geography interacts with proj so could be something messed up
> > in the proj interaction.
> >
> > I would like to get an rc1 out soon but want to make sure this isn't a
> > serious issue you have uncovered before we do that.
>
> First I should retry with the previous release.
>
> Can you point me to gdb instructions?  It seems obvious that I need to gdb
> attach to a pgsql worker process that is handling the test, and I wonder
if there
> is an easy way to do that from within the test harness.
>
> And maybe build postgresql itself and postgis and geos and proj with
debugging.
[Regina Obe]
I usually use these instructions

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/DevWikiGettingABackTrace

They are old but still work.

I usually then just run the offending test after I've launch gdb
With

psql -d postgis_reg

Once in psql console
#get
-- get the process id #then launch gdb in separate screen
SELECT pg_backend_pid() ;
\i  regress/core/geography.sql

strk, does our test ever provide the postgresql process id?

Thanks,
Regina