[postgis-devel] ST_Union for TopoGeometry (misnamer?)

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Feb 17 11:19:28 PST 2021

What does the resulting TopoGeom look like? If I put together a topogeom with A areas and one with B areas do I end up with a new one with > A+B areas? that's a "coverage union" in Esri terms, but more like an "overlay" in the words we usually use in postgis land. A "union" of sets of areas should result in fewer areas (assuming the areas are not all disjoint).

Helpful?