[postgis-devel] Questions about compliance of PostGIS with OGC standards

Simon Greener simon at spatialdbadvisor.com
Thu Jan 7 18:49:28 PST 2021

If my recollection is right, the ST prefix is not required, GEOMETRY and ST_GEOMETRY are interchangeable.

There is also the question as to whether true type inheritance is required: should there be an instantiable geometry supertype (singly inherited) or only instantiable subtypes like point.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​