[postgis-devel] PSC Vote: PostGIS 3.1.3 release Friday

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jul 1 07:30:56 PDT 2021

As stated earlier, the PostGIS 3.1.2 was cut sadly one week before
PostgreSQL 14 made a breaking change.  So the patch to fix that was added
after.  In theory as breaking changes are rare in a PostgreSQL beta, we
shouldn't run into any more of those.

Packagers prefer a tagged release to test against, so I would like to push
out a tagged PostGIS 3.1.3  that compiles and regresses cleanly against
PostgreSQL 14 beta2.

Right now we have the following fixes slated for 3.1.3 release

* Bug Fixes
  - #4929, Fix missing error from GetRingEdges when invoked with
           unexistent topology or edge (Sandro Santilli)
  - #4927, Fix PostgreSQL 14 compile FuncnameGetCandidates changes
           (Regina Obe, Julien Rouhaud)

+1 for Release this Friday and I volunteer to do the release.

Thanks,
Regina