[postgis-devel] Questions about POSTGIS_DEBUG

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon Jun 14 11:40:54 PDT 2021

I have more-or-less totally stopped using POSTGIS_DEBUG for anything... during development I usually have some temporary elog() statements, and for things I want to keep around post-development that aren't going to generate too much data I just downgrade them to elog(debug) level. For day-to-day debugging on tickets and so on, for already released code I usually head straight for the debugger, don't turn on POSTGIS_DEBUG. I find turning it on just results in a firehose of output from non-related modules from which it's too much work to extract the parts I actually care about.

P.