[postgis-devel] in a few days PostGIS is getting 20 years old

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed May 12 09:25:10 PDT 2021

Hello to the PostGIS team,

I reach out to you because PostGIS will have its 20th birthday at May
31st, 2021.

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-users/2001-May/000000.html

I will talk about 20 year of PostGIS at the FOSSGIS Konferenz at the
beginning of june. It is the german language FOSS4G.
https://www.fossgis-konferenz.de/2021/

I already reached out to Paul for some background information.

And now I would like to ask you - the team - whether you have something
to share what I could mention.

I am thinkng of
- quotes
- photos of team events
- nice stories
- your history how you got involved
- birthday thoughts
- what does PostGIS mean for you?
- something else that I could mention in the talk
- challenges for the future
- why is PostGIS great
- something else

It would be great if you could send me some information.

I love PostGIS and I am happy to make this presentation. It will be in
german. But Maybe i also could do an english version.

See you aand thanks for all your great work.

Astrid
Astrid Emde
OSGeo Board Member and OSGeo Secretary
Open Source Geospatial Foundation