[postgis-devel] in a few days PostGIS is getting 20 years old

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Wed May 12 09:47:52 PDT 2021

Astrid,

What a wonderful idea!  I really hope you can uncover some
interesting artifacts and stories for your talk.  And I hope to be able to
see an English version as well.  And perhaps the PostGIS project can host
the content on the website, for posterity?

This is slightly tangential, but GEOS is a core component of PostGIS and
was in fact developed under Paul Ramsey's sponsorship in order to provide
geometric functions for PostGIS.  So here's the early history of JTS and
GEOS:

https://lin-ear-th-inking.blogspot.com/2007/06/history-of-jts-and-geos.html

I can uncover a few photos of the main participants if that's of interest.

Martin