[postgis-devel] Much slower processing on GEOS 3.9.0 versus 3.8.0 for geodesic area calculation - Upgrade to PROJ 7.2.1 causes issue

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Sat May 15 03:54:34 PDT 2021

"The cache can hold up to 128 transformations, which should be enough
for most cases"

With 60 UTM zones, that works out nicely even if someone wants to loop
through all of them and do back-forth transformations ;-)

"I'm not against backporting it, but I'm not sure the gain justifies the
risk and effort."

If not backporting, the fix will be in a 3.1.2 release?

Marco