[postgis-devel] [SoC] Introduction and PostGIS-GSoC Project Information

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Tue May 25 00:14:34 PDT 2021

Hi Han,

Thank you for working on this topic!  :)

> Feel free to give me suggestions or ask me anything! I

my question:
- in the research paper ( "2018" - mentioned in your proposal ) -
"partitioning" mentioned multiple times ..
  Do you have any plan - for adding spatial partitioning to the test
cases?

comment:

As I know  - in the OpenStreetMap word - the current
clustering/"pre-sorting method":  is the GeoHash based sorting:
https://www.paulnorman.ca/blog/2016/06/improving-speed-with-reclustering/
https://www.paulnorman.ca/blog/2016/05/improve-your-st-geohash-sorting-with-these-three-simple-tricks/
Maybe you can borrow some ideas for your benchmark. :)

Thanks,
  Imre