[postgis-devel] [SoC] Introduction and PostGIS-GSoC Project Information

Han Wang hanwgeek at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:18:53 PDT 2021

Hi all,

My name is Han WANG. I am a first year graduate student majoring in GIS at
Peking University, and will get my Master's degree in 2023. And this is my
github(https://github.com/HanwGeek) and my linkedin(
https://www.linkedin.com/in/hanwgeek/). I am interested in all cool things.
And it is very exciting to join the open source community! My research
interest includes massive spatial temporal data management and analysis.
Currently, I am working on a machine learning project based on big
trajectory data, which is stored in PostgreSQL database and managed by
PostGIS.

My project title is to *implement a pre-sorting method for PostGIS data
types before building GiST* *index. *Some previous research about building
GiST indexes in PostGreSQL has been proved that data pre-sorting method
will reduce the time of building an index. And the new feature will be
added in PostGreSQL 14. So it is necessary to apply this new feature to
some basic geometry data type. And my initial proposal is here(
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_mY_F2hPDk3vmXH5PPp2z9BuQWt-ZMORk6KxtdVQ3HY/edit?usp=sharing
).

I am excited to make a contribution to the open source community. Feel free
to give me suggestions or ask me anything! I am looking forward to hearing
from you all!

Best regards,
Han