[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 3.3.0 rc1 in about a week

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 1 08:46:40 PDT 2022

> > I notice postgis_sfcgal and address_standardizer are completely
> > missing from your list.  I assume you don't package those?
>
> Correct, I don't.  There is something about standardizer that is required
that
> I'm not sure about, and I force it off so that I get repeatable builds
> (specifically, my system vs a system where *only* the packages that are
> declared as dependencies are installed).  I should look at this again; the
ball is
> in my court for sure.

address_standardizer requires pcre1 or pcre2 (it supports both versions
since PostGIS 3.1 or 3.2, I forget, older versions only support pcre1).
There is a perl package it requires too just for building, but I have to
recheck that as that may not be needed anymore.

> I'm also not sure about sfcgal.  I may have to package that first.
> Again ball in my court.

Yah sfcgal you'd need before you can build postgis_sfcgal and sfcgal has a
dependency on boost and CGAL.
It was more complicated pre CGAL 5.0, but since CGAL 5.0, CGAL is header
only install, though I guess since you are a source distribution, that
doesn't simplify your life much.