[postgis-devel] The index is not optimal. To optimize it, contact a developer, or try to use the column as the second one in the CREATE INDEX command.

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Fri Feb 4 07:04:53 PST 2022

In 2016 in pgsql-general Tom Lane posts that this is normal working
condition message if you have a whole page of index with same ranges:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/27333.1476387518%40sss.pgh.pa.us

If you're doing many updates this is expected so the only way to fight that
is to minimize the number of updates.

Alternatively you can use PROCEDUREs that are outside transactions. VACUUM
FULL for some stupid overlook does not work there but CLUSTER which is the
same thing does.