[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] Postgis 3.0.3 extension for AWS RDS Postgres 13.3

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Feb 14 12:33:29 PST 2022

No don't do that, you'll destroy data.

Are you able to hold off?  I think Amazon should be releasing an update
soon.

If you can't wait, the workaround is below, but not sure it will work on AWS
RDS as updating system tables might be off limits.

UPDATE pg_extension SET extversion = 'ANY'
WHERE extname = 'postgis';

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE;
SELECT postgis_extensions_upgrade();