[postgis-devel] Website Redo change to Hugo

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Mar 4 11:33:09 PST 2022

Yah if we can find a free-for-OSS plan that would be great or go back to
good old log processing using something like awstats, grafana, or munin.

I do wonder though how misleading the below stats are aside from the
documentation stats.

The documentations stats tell us what people are mostly using., but the ones
that come up at the top are predictable. I can tell that just by looking at
past days of logs.

The 2019 uptick I think was an infrastructure change so not a true
reflection of traffic changing.

There is just so much that is drowned out now by other sources, it is really
hard to get a clear picture looking at stats of our website or popularity.

e.g Most people get their PostGIS from package maintainers, docker, or
DbaaS. On top of that DbaaS have largely forked our docs, so I suspect
people don't even come to our site for docs as much as they used to.

The desktop / mobile difference I am surprised.  I would have expected more
mobile, but then again if I'm a new user looking at postgis, it's probably
to look at the manual or when I'm at work and so I wouldn't be using my
phone for that. It's not like twitter / facebook where I just want to blow
away an hour of time while I'm waiting on some line.

Thanks,

Regina