PSC Vote: Release a PostGIS 3.5.0alpha1 in a couple of days

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jun 27 17:54:02 PDT 2024

I think we still have a couple of changes to go for 3.5.0, so I propose
pushing out an PostGIS 3.5.0alpha1 this Sunday or Monday, so that PostgreSQL
17 packagers have a tagged version to release.

Does anyone have issue with that idea?

+1 from me to push a tag

On my plate, the main change I want to get inPostGIS 3.5.0  is
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/5359

so that we don't rely on postgis being in search path to install
postgis_topology and postgis_tiger_geocoder and for them to function.
Note this is more of an issue for postgis_tiger_geocoder than it is for
postgis_topology.

But that wouldn't change any functionality anyway.

Thanks,
Regina