[postgis] Why is there the limitation of PGLIB to get the cursor?

TONY J.Y. tjiang at mrf.com
Fri Dec 7 08:08:38 PST 2001

Dave,

          I went to the linux server where the database was located. Ran the
psql session to declare
          the big cursor and fetch all in the cursor. there was no error
there. I could declare the cursor,
          and fetched all rows from the cursor.  So PostgreSQL server-side
is OK.  The asbinary function
          is OK too.

          I ran my program at client side (Win2K Pro with libpq).  There
came the error message when the
          geom data is bigger:

         "char *PQerrorMessage(const PGconn* conn);"
                Error = pqReadData() --  read() failed: errno=0

          So there is some limit in the pqReadData() --  read() of the C
library libpq, isn't there?

../Tony