[postgis] JDBC driver for postgresql/postgis

Nicolas Ribot nicol at ribot.com
Tue Dec 11 02:24:27 PST 2001

Hi all,

We are currently working on a internet application project based on
PostgreSQL and postgis to deliver geographic information to end-users.

This application will be (well, we hope so...) accessed by many users.
We are looking for an efficient JDBC driver for postgresql that could
support connection pool and distributed transactions.

For the moment, I tested jxDBCon JDBC driver and the driver provided
with postgreSQL. But they don't implement connection pooling (as far as
I've seen).

Do you know any project, even commercial one, developping such a driver
?

Thanx.
Nicolas Ribot & Jerome Gasperi

Quit now for Great