[postgis] JDBC driver for postgresql/postgis

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Dec 11 09:02:41 PST 2001

I did not realize JDBC drivers had anything to do with connection
pooling. I thought that was an aspect of some higher-level application
server. JBOSS (http://www.jboss.org/) for example is an EJB container
with connection pooling capabilities. The J2EE frameworks in general
offer connection pooling, I think.

Nicolas Ribot wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are currently working on a internet application project based on
> PostgreSQL and postgis to deliver geographic information to end-users.
>
> This application will be (well, we hope so...) accessed by many users.
> We are looking for an efficient JDBC driver for postgresql that could
> support connection pool and distributed transactions.
>
> For the moment, I tested jxDBCon JDBC driver and the driver provided
> with postgreSQL. But they don't implement connection pooling (as far as
> I've seen).
>
> Do you know any project, even commercial one, developping such a driver
> ?
>
> Thanx.
> Nicolas Ribot & Jerome Gasperi

      __