[postgis] anyone tried packaging for debian?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sat Dec 29 11:01:06 PST 2001

Binary RPMs can be a bit of a distribution nightmare with the different
flavours of Linux around. libc compatibilities are the most noticable
problem for me, since I have a recent version of Mandrake to compile on.
That means I always tend to be compiling against the latest/greatest
libc, which is fine for me and my mandrake brethren but not so good for
people running earlier Red Hats (or even Mandrake 7). If you would like
binary mandrake 8 RPMS I can build them for you though.
Paul

Cameron Shorter wrote:

> A binary rpm would be good too.
> I tried to get the source rpm installed, but ran into a few dependancy
> problems (with postgres) before putting it off until later.
>
> Paul Ramsey wrote:
> >
> > Nope. Having done the packaging for RPM once, the best bet is to take
> > the sources and configs used for the generic postgresql DEBs, add in the
> > postgis stuff, and build the whole mess from there.
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter          Web Mapping Manager
> Social Change Online
> 248 Johnson St           Tel: +61 (0) 2 9692 5115
> Annandale NSW 2038       Fax: +61 (0) 2 9692 5192
> Sydney, Australia        http://webmap.socialchange.net.au

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!