[postgis] anyone tried packaging for debian?

John Reid jgreid at uow.edu.au
Sun Dec 30 14:11:18 PST 2001

Paul,

If you do compile binary RPMs could you please make them available on
the download page.  Alien (rpm -> deb) is a wonderful thing that keeps
my package management tools happy :-)

Paul, as far as producing real Debian packages goes, the best approach
would be to keep it seperate from the postgresql stuff (no modification
of upstream files which are essentially a seperate entity), no?   Should
I go ahead and ask some dumb questions of the Debian packaging folk with
a  view to producing packages in the medium to long term?

cheers,
John

john reid                                     e-mail jgreid at uow.edu.au

uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be
seen.  more questions!
                                                       -mentat zensufi

apply standard disclaimers as desired...

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM