[postgis] Windows cygwin build

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sun Jul 15 16:46:16 PDT 2001

Hi Doug,
I will be attempting to do compiles on CygWin over the next couple
weeks, and may try to do some packaging, however, no promises. I am also
going to be working on a proposal for some gov't grant dollars to
support PostGIS development, which is pretty important also :)
Definately, in an ideal world we would have RPMs, DEBs, setup.exe's and
PKGs, however, all that takes work and thus far the amount of
compensation we have been able to derive from PostGIS work has been
pretty limited. Our optimism knows no bounds, however :)
TTYL,
Paul

DeeNebert wrote:

> I have cygwin installed on my Windows 2000 Pro system but
> am still unable to compile things correctly though I seem to
> be able to run executables compiled elsewhere. Can someone
> provide (or maybe even post at refractions on a regular basis)
> the full postgres/postgis installation for cygwin?
>
> Doug.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of
VeriSign's FREE Guide "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6lIgYB/IWxCAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM