[postgis] About description of usage of C Clients (libpq) in PostGIS Manual

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 24 08:37:50 PDT 2001

Hisaji ONO wrote:

> Hello.
>

>  This is my first message in this mailing list.
>

>  I've tried to use PostGIS in cygwin's PostgreSQL 7.1,2 on WinNT 4.0
> Server SP6.0a for a month. I've been very impressed with this
> extension's performance which can handle large-scale geospatial data.

Hi,

I have looked around once or twice for a PostgreSQL source for NT, but
didn't find any
pre-built binaries on the postgresql ftp site.  Did you build it
yourself from source under Cygwin?
Any special advice?

>  I'd like to use a function of C Clients (libpq) of PostGIS to create
> some applications, but still no description in PostGIS Manual.

There isn't really anything special with regard to PostGIS integration
with libpq.  Once you know
the SQL to use interactively with PostGIS, you just do the same thing
through libpq.  There is
respectible libpq documentation on the postgresql web site.

There is an example of code using libpq with postgis in my GDAL/OGR
library.  If you want
to look at it download the following and look in gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pg.

  ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/gdal-1.1.5b1.tar.gz

Best regards,