[postgis] About description of usage of C Clients (libpq) in PostGIS Manual

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jul 26 09:59:19 PDT 2001

I hate to toss it back on you, but... :) The JDBC objects include some
examples of code which parses well-known text format. You could use them
as a template for PHP code to turn the well-known text into SVG.
Basically, it's just a matter of writing a well-known text parser.
Well-known text is described in the OGC 'Simple Features Specification
for SQL'.

POINT(x y z)
LINESTRING(x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2, x3 y3 z3)
POLYGON((x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2, x3 y3 z3),(x4 y4 z4, x5 y5 z5, x6 y6 z6))
MULTIPOINT(x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2)
MULTILINESTRING((x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2, x3 y3 z3),(x4 y4 z4, x5 y5 z5, x6
y6 z6))
MULTIPOLYGON(((x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2, x3 y3 z3),(x4 y4 z4, x5 y5 z5, x6 y6
z6)),((x1 y1 z1, x2 y2 z2, x3 y3 z3),(x4 y4 z4, x5 y5 z5, x6 y6 z6)))

Hisaji ONO wrote:

>  Thank you for your answer, Paul.
>

> > No, no plans, but then we have no idea what support in PHP would
> > constitute? I mean, if you select data out of a spatial column into PHP
> > right now, it will arrive as valid well-known text. That's not bad,
> > really. It's pretty easy to parse. What are you doing to do with these
> > geometries once you get them into PHP? If the answer is 'draw a map
>
>  Yes. I'd like to draw a map on IE 5.5 by converting PostGIS's geometries
> (WKT or WKB) to SVG instance with Adobe SVG Plug-in, HTML and JavaScripts
> via Internet or Intranet.
>
>  I know PostGIS will support GML (output?), but I'd like to diretly convert
> geometries to SVG instance.

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/PhFolB/TM