[postgis] compiling postgis in cygwin

Doug Nebert dn at mapcontext.com
Fri Jun 15 20:06:17 PDT 2001

I was also unable to compile Postgres in Win2K with features in cygwin
but noticed that a pared down version pgsql came with cygwin
but had no source or contrib with it. So I followed the directions and
installed the Postgres source as described and the IPC stuff too. When
I attempt the ./configure I get the error:

"The procedure entry point getrlimit could not be located in the dynamic
link library cygwin1.dll"

even before I tried adding the postgis features.

This is a very fresh version of cygwin which I installed twice.
What's up?

Doug.