[postgis] Re: Polygon processing routines

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Jun 19 14:42:16 PDT 2001

Thanks Doug,
Dave reviewed these about a month ago. The main problem we have with
them is licensing... 'free for non-commercial use' is not compatible
with the GPL, so we cannot include them directly into PostGIS. We're
hoping the JTS algorithms are sufficiently useful that they can be
ported, since they will be under more of a 'do what you like' MIT style
license.
TTYL,
Paul

--