[postgis] svg serving with PHP

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at miningwatch.org
Wed Nov 7 14:47:39 PST 2001

I recently posted to the ESRI Arcscripts site a set of PHP scripts and an
avenue export script that exports data and settings to a MySQL database,
with geometry in SVG format.  The PHP scripts dynamically generate SVG maps
and include ecmascript for zooming, panning, querying, labelling, etc.  The
posting, called OpenSVGMapServer, can be downloaded from:

http://gis.esri.com/arcscripts/details.cfm?CFGRIDKEY=2C790801-A9FB-11D5-9448
00508B0CB419

(or search the arcscripts site for the keyword "svg".

I wrote the code for MySQL before I was aware of PostGIS; however, some of
the approaches I've taken may be useful for use with PostGIS, perhaps in
combination with the PostGIS-to-SVG scripts recently posted by Hisaji Ono.

Nedjo Rogers
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Nedjo Rogers
Communications Coordinator