[postgis] PostgreSql point to Postgis point conversion

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Nov 26 09:54:00 PST 2001

M Vermeij wrote:
>  you mentioned. However instead of you're x and y
> columns I would like to use the x and y coordinates
> which are already stored in a postgres point field,
> but can't seem to retrieve them seperately.

I looked at the postgresql documentation, and their doesnt seem to be
any way of accessing the X/Y field of the built-in geometry types.

Your best bet is to use C/Perl to write a little routine to
query/parse/update a table.  The other option would be to look at the
string handling routines available in postgresql - if you can remove the
"," you can easily re-build a WKT representation of the point.

dave

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.