[postgis] Re: PostGIS and ESRI

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Oct 16 15:48:09 PDT 2001

Funny you should mention that, because I am working on an ArcIMS
emulator for mapserver. The feature service portion of the IMS protocol
could be used to provide read access to a PostGIS data source. I would
not be surprised if I got around to that in the next several months.
However, that would still only be read access. I feel personally that
read/write with a good desktop tool is pretty key for a spatial
database.

--
      __
     /