[postgis] shp2pgsql

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Sep 27 14:54:46 PDT 2001

gispmpf at yahoo.com.br wrote:

> I have a newbie question...
> I have used the shp2pgsql program to convert shpfiles into sql scripts
> and load it in the database. Now I want to show this data and the
> question is how should i do it?
> Can i use php language an use it to draw this points?
>
> Or a better solution is to append this maps on a table and use a
> software like mapserver to show it?
>
> Thanks
> João Mário L Brezolin
> GIS/Analyst

Documentation on using Mapserver with PostGIS:
 http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/x324.html#AEN357

Documentation on Mapserver map files:
 http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/mapfile-reference.html

Remember that you need to use the CVS version of mapserver to get
PostGIS support.

Now with Mr. Ono's SVG scripts we have two confirmed methods of
visualizing PostGIS data.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: pramsey at refractions.net
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM