[postgis-users] Building 0.6.2 with pg 7.1.3

Tyler Mitchell themitchells at telus.net
Thu Apr 4 19:35:40 PST 2002

Howdy, I haven't seen too much on this in the mailing list except an oldy
from last year.  Since I'm 'dabbling' in postgresql I'm wondering if I'm not
catching something simple here.
I've installed pg 7.1.3 from source code, grabbed CVS version of postgis and
everything ran fine until...I ran the postgis.sql file.
Here's my "log".  Any ideas wuzup?

tyler
--------------------------------
[tyler at spatialguru postgis]$ createdb testgis3
CREATE DATABASE
[tyler at spatialguru postgis]$ createlang plpgsql testgis3
[tyler at spatialguru postgis]$ psql -f postgis.sql -d testgis3
BEGIN
       message
----------------------
 plpgsql is installed
(1 row)

CREATE
psql:postgis.sql:29: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index 'spatial_ref_sys_pkey' for table 'spatial_ref_sys'
CREATE
psql:postgis.sql:42: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index 'gc_pk' for table 'geometry_columns'CREATE
CREATE
......<a few more NOTICES>....
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
CREATE
psql:postgis.sql:799: ERROR:  OperatorDef: function 'postgis_gist_sel(opaque,
oid, opaque, int4)' does not exist
psql:postgis.sql:805: NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries
ignored until end of transaction block
*ABORT STATE*
psql:postgis.sql:811: NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries
ignored until end of transaction block