[postgis-users] proj parameters from srtext?

Sean Gillies sgillies at i3.com
Fri Apr 19 10:13:33 PDT 2002

Bernhard,

The Proj.4 distribution contains a file named "epsg" that has
a mapping between EPSG codes (SRID) and the Proj.4 parameter strings.
It's straightforward to create SQL commands from this file
and update the spatial_ref_sys table with the appropriate values.

I guess that they are not including Proj.4 parameters in
spatial_ref_sys.sql because they don't want to tie you to a
particular version of Proj.4.

Sean