[postgis-users] Using Views as a source of geometric data?

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Wed Aug 14 12:38:50 PDT 2002

Hi, I'm using mapscript to access PostGIS layers, and I'd like to
dynamically create some views to add data to the spatial table. The
problem is I can't find a way to 'SetGeometryColumn()' from an existing
View (or table). I have inserted manually the column in
geometry_columns but mapscript complains that can't create the cursor.

I'm a bit new to both Postgres and PostGIS, so if I'm missing some
elemental concept here, please forgive me :-)

The other option is altering the spatial table and then add the records,
but I'm not particularly fond of that solution.

Thanks for any suggestion,
--
Vinko Vrsalovic <vinko[|- at -|]cprsig.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl