[postgis-users] Using Views as a source of geometric data?

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:06:35 PDT 2002

Hello,
I didn't see any replies to Vinko's post... I just wanted to add that I too
am anxiously awaiting any information on this topic.  I did see some
discussion on this same thing in the Mapserver mailing list archives but I
didn't really see or understand the conclusion.
At least I think I have the same question as he does.... if so, let me
phrase it another way...

Can PostGIS views (PostgreSQL views which include the PostGIS geometry
column) be used as layers in Mapserver?  If so, how?  From what I gather
from previous posts, it's not as simple as it sounds.

Perhaps this would be better asked on the Mapserver list.  If so, I'll try
there next.

Thanks!