[postgis-users] Installation Question

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Aug 19 22:10:13 PDT 2002

Hi Thomas,

I think you need a configured Postgres source to compile against.

I installed the Debian Postres packages and then grabbed the
source bundle using 'apt-get source postgresql'. I can't
remember exactly what I did next, but I unpacked the postgis
source into ./contrib and issued './debian/rules binary' to
build a Debian package. Let's take a guess at it being:

	apt-get install postgresql
	cd /usr/src/postgres
	apt-get source posgresql
	gzip -d < postgresql-7.2.1.tgz |tar xvf -
	cd postgresql-7.2.1/contrib
	gzip -d < ../../postgis.tgz |tar xvf
	cd ..
	./debian/rules binary
	cd ./contrib/postgis/
	make
	make install

It all went pretty smoothly, so I didn't actually make any notes.  :o)

Cheers,

Antti
P.S. Your apt.sources list will need source entries for apt-get source to work