[postgis-users] PostGIS vs Suse8.0

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Tue Aug 20 07:10:39 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 02:57:56PM +0300, Postgis wrote:
> Let me explain my stiuation. I have Suse 8.0 as an operating system. I installed Postgresql from the SuSE 8.0 installation cds. I have working copy of Postgresql. Now what should i do to make Postgis work under my system? Do i have to use source files form postgresql.org?

According to my experience, yes. I also had postgres installed from
RPM's and even the -devel package, but that's not enough to build
postgres extensions, it seems.

So i downloaded the source, compiled postgis with it, and then
installed the files in the proper locations (usually the default
locations for postgres are different from the locations set in the
packages, so you have to pay attention to that)

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <vinko[|- at -|]cprsig.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl