[postgis-users] [Fwd: New Beta Release of Windows]

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue Aug 20 13:01:20 PDT 2002

Tyler Mitchell writes:

>Can anyone give some guidance on running pgsql2shp/shp2pgsql
>in windows?
>Anyone else getting consistent results with those tools?

I have placed native WIN32 versions of pgsql2shp / shp2pgsql @
http://www.vso.cape.com/~nhv/files/postgres/loaders_win32.tgz

these seem to work fine for me in conjunction with the following

>http://dcwaterdesign.sourceforge.net/postgis.zip
>ftp://209.61.187.152/multera/postgres_beta2.zip

I have removed the postgis win32 extension files from my
website in that it is superseded by the files above

Note these were built using the Mingw compiler using the following
Makefile after copying the source from the PostGIS loaders directory
into a new directory at the top of the Win32 postgres tree

Also note these .exe's depend on finding the libpq.dll

Cheers

Norman

#
# PostGIS Loader Makefile
#

EXE = .exe

CC = gcc

OBJS = shpopen.o dbfopen.o getopt.o

CPPFLAGS := -g -I./ -I../include
$(CPPFLAGS) -DFRONTEND -DSYSCONFDIR='"$(sysconfdir)"'

all: shp2pgsql$(EXE) pgsql2shp$(EXE)

pgsql2shp$(EXE): $(OBJS) pgsql2shp.o
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(OBJS) pgsql2shp.o ../lib/libpq.lib -o $@

shp2pgsql$(EXE): $(OBJS) shp2pgsql.o