[postgis-users] Graphical interface to postgresql

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Aug 21 09:45:08 PDT 2002

Great pointer Norman.  I never knew about pgAdmin!
For anyone who would like a graphical interface to their postgres
databases, check out:
http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/downloads/download.php?FileID=11
from the guys at http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/

I'm testing out the migration wizard right now.

pgAdmin includes access to the main objects of your database:
-aggregates,functions, languages, operators, sequences, tables, types, view

Thanks Norman,
Tyler

                      "Norman Vine" <nhv at cape.com>
                      Sent by:                                To:       <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
                      postgis-users-admin at postgis.refr        cc:
                      actions.net                             Fax to:
                                                              Subject:  RE: [postgis-users] OT: moving my access
                                                               data into postgis
                      08/21/2002 09:20 AM
                      Please respond to postgis-users

Tyler Mitchell writes:

>Slightly off topic, but relevant nonetheless.
>I've got a ton of data in an MS Access database and I've been using the
>postgresql odbc driver to export the data into a postgis database.  But
>man, it's really, really slow.   You thought gist indexing of large tables
>was slow!  Well, I'm looking at 1-2 hours for half a million records with
>only 4 integer columns.
>
>Can you suggest a better method of moving out of Access?

FWIW I haven't tried this
http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=15

Norman