[postgis-users] OT: moving my access data into postgis

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Aug 21 09:00:09 PDT 2002

Thanks Rob and Cord,
I keep forgetting that Access can spit out text and keep trying to avoid
that intermediary step because I have dozens of tables to move :(
But you suggestions make sense and  give me lots to chew on.

Tyler

                      "Robert W.
                      Burgholzer"              To:       Tyler Mitchell <TMitchell at lignum.com>
                      <rburghol at vt.edu>        cc:
                                               Fax to:
                      08/21/2002 08:52         Subject:  RE: [postgis-users] OT: moving my access
                      AM                        data into postgis

safve as tab delimitted, then use postgresql's import functions. This
should
speed things up a ton.

http://128.173.218.154/reference/postgres/sql-copy.html

and