[postgis-users] OT: moving my access data into postgis

Kotlarz Andrzej Andrzej.Kotlarz at upc.com.pl
Thu Aug 22 03:24:48 PDT 2002

On http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom you can find many useful
tools.

Andrzej

-----Original Message-----
From: Tyler Mitchell [mailto:TMitchell at lignum.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 5:44 PM
To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
Subject: [postgis-users] OT: moving my access data into postgis

Slightly off topic, but relevant nonetheless.
I've got a ton of data in an MS Access database and I've been using the
postgresql odbc driver to export the data into a postgis database.  But
man, it's really, really slow.   You thought gist indexing of large tables
was slow!  Well, I'm looking at 1-2 hours for half a million records with
only 4 integer columns.

Can you suggest a better method of moving out of Access?