[postgis-users] PostgreSQL 7.3 Support

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Dec 9 08:35:28 PST 2002

An interesting obsession :)
   I have a bunch of changes in my sandbox which should make the undef
creation
process easier. Basically, they split up the sql.in files into a
<version>_start.sql.in, common.sql.in and <version>_end.sql.in. The
result is a
postgis.sql which should be perfectly tailored to the version. Given that, a
script modelled on the current one which just parses through the
postgis.sql and
undefs stuff in the right order should work, though as you note some of the
semantics differ from version to version, so the create_undef.pl script will
probably get a little more complex. The more I do backwards
compatibility the
more respect I have for microsoft (it is 2002 and we can still run DOS
programs).
   It's interesting, at a C level, we have not had to change anything to
support
7.3 yet, just the SQL files. We'll see though, Dave's index selectivity
stuff
might need some upgrades.