[postgis-users] Selecting geocoded postal codes within a given distance ( miles for example )

Hugh W. O'Brien hugho at intelis.com
Mon Dec 16 12:06:32 PST 2002

I probably should have posted that I am a noob to not only using PostGIS
but also using a spatial engine in general.  So I am not familiar with
the terms UTM, state place. etc...  So, how would one go about
projecting their longitude/latitude data into UTM for example. Would
doing so convert my degrees long/lat to actual distance units such that
the standard bounding box example in the FAQ would be applicable?

-- Hugh O'Brien