[postgis] Connection problem

Nicolas Ribot nicol at ribot.com
Wed Feb 6 01:52:08 PST 2002

Hi Ross,

I'm using the same configuration to run some postgis tests (NT + cygwin and
Windows2000 +
cygwin).

Some tips:
- You should include the complete set of parameters in the connection string:

user= password= host= port=
- In some earlier MapServer versions, you must include a FILTER clause, even
if a full select is
intended. My mapfile looks like, for a layer:

  layer
   connectiontype postgis
   name "communes"
   CONNECTION "user=postgres password=postgres dbname=test_postgis
host=pc-dev1
port=5432"
   DATA "geo_value from communes"
   FILTER "1=1"
   status on
   type polygon
   class
    name "rien"
    outlinecolor 0 0 0
   end
  end

- Finally, is postmaster running with the -i option ?

I hope this helps.

Nicolas

Searle Ross wrote:

  Hi,

  I am having a problem connecting to postgres. I get the following error
  :-
  msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. Error parsing POSTGIS connection
  information
  I have tried numerous permutations of the string as in the postgis docs
  but no luck

  The connection stuff in my mapfile is :-
  LAYER

  NAME bioreg
  TYPE POLYGON

  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "dbname=veg user=postgres"
  DATA "geo_value from bio_reg2"

  The environment I'm running in is postgres compiled under cygwin and the
  winNT mapserv executable as compiled by Perry Nacionales

  Any one got any ideas

  Thanks

  Ross

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
When building an e-commerce site, you want to start with a
secure foundation. Learn how with VeriSign's FREE Guide.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oCuuSA/XdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM